Assisted Living Common Care Services Offered
- Serving regular meals three times a day. This is usually served in a dining area with the rest of the residents. Proper diet or a special diet for each resident is taken care .Proper nutrition is taken care of in this service.
- Assistance in personal activities. It includes eating, bathing, dressing and walking. Though assistance is available at any time, freedom and privacy is often encourage. If a resident is able to do it themselves, they are motivated to do so.
- However, you are assured with a personal support and assistance from the caregiver.
- Housekeeping services. It includes cleaning up the room or the apartment, ironing, laundry and similar others. Comfort, warmth and convenience of the residents are the bottom line of these services.
- Transportation. If a resident has appointments, visitation, malls or shopping to be done, transportation is commonly offered.
- Access to health and medical services. It varies depending on the needs of the resident. The facility has to coordinate with home health care visits from a nurse, physical therapist, occupational therapist, etc. if needed.
- 24 hours security and monitoring. Some residents may wander around or may lose their way around the community. For safety, monitoring and emergency call system is set-up. Technology makes the monitoring and safety easier and accessible to everyone.
- Exercise and wellness program. Activities are planned to meet each resident’s need to enhance a healthy life. Some facilities may include fitness room and well-planned fitness program for everyone. They typically offer special classes to suit each resident’s wellness and health needs like yoga and other form of exercise.
- Recreational and Social Programs. Each individual is a social being and each one has a need to socialize. Such facility offers variety of activities for recreation and socialization like field trips, theater, outings, and others.